Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bosch SHE55R55UC 500 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star

Bosch SHE55R55UC 500 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star



Bosch SHE55R55UC 500 24
Disappointing - condensation and won't dry properly
I have to somewhat agree with one of the negative reviews below.
I just had my new Bosch dishwasher installed and was very excited. However, I was quite disappointed when the first wash was complete.
Things weren't dry properly even though I have used JetDry. Some parts were dry, but some parts felt wet. (and I am not talking about water pooling on concaved bottom of cups or bowls. This is understandable.) Some areas were dry to the touch, but there are lots of spots with condensation here and there - on utensils, side of some bowls, and so on. (They weren't overlapping and weren't even touching each other.) Even the arms of the center sprinkler were dripping because of condensation and the bottom of the silverware rack was wet. As I open the door I could see mild condensation on the surface of the inside of the door as well.
On second load, I used "Extra Dry" mode hoping that it would fix the problem. It looked slightly better, but the condensation still occured and I...

CLEAN & QUIET
I've been thru 3 maytag dishwashers in the last 6 years, I have to say they just aren't what they used to be. This is my first Bosch appliance, I was a little disappointed with how long it took to arrive (2-3 weeks) but I must say it was well worth the wait! Quiet as can be, dishes come out sparking clean. All 3 of my maytags were the "quiet series" and they were pretty quiet but they don't even compare with the Bosch. I love the rack placement, good design, I wish I had a couple more features like quick rinse all in all, you get what you pay for and this one is worth every penny so far, hopefully it lasts.

Smart,Well Built, Quirky, recommend all day long...
1 Week ownership = 5 Stars.

1) Yeah, it's quiet - really quiet, BUT do you really need a red led shining on the floor to remind you it's running? Not a big thing, just sorta funny.
2) Fit and Finish is better, much better than others. If you are an attention to detail kinda person, it won't take you long to see what I'm referring to when compared to other "like products/brands". You can tell it was designed with above average intelligence for sure.
3) Took a bit to wrap my brain around no disposal and the non-traditional drying cycle/element. We always scrape the actual food off anyway and haven't had a single issue with drying cycle IE less than dry dishes. Yes, our hot water is HOT.
4) The stainless front is very nice. They could have spent a little more money on the top (plastic with metallic finish) trim plate. Already has a couple scuffs, very slight. After a year or two of wear and tear I'll buy a new one and just consider it consumable.
5)...

Bosch dishwashers offer ultra quiet operation at 46dBA while offering up to4 wash cycles and 3 options which fit any household needs See your bills shrinking with efficient water and energy without compromising on performance Plus our RACKMATIC adjus...

  • 46 dBA- No quieter dishwasher in its class
  • Red Remaining Time Display
  • 19 h Delay Start Timer
  • 500 Series Racks
  • InfoLight(R) Beams on the Floor to Indicate Dishwasher is Running



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment