Thursday, May 2, 2013

KitchenAid Dishwasher Motor & Drain Pump 8535760

KitchenAid Dishwasher Motor & Drain Pump 8535760



KitchenAid Dishwasher Motor & Drain Pump 8535760
Replace your pump and save $
My dishwasher was only 16 months new when the pump went out. Though I was fuming, it was a relief to know that we could order the part online for a fraction of what the repair services charged. There are helpful videos online that show how to replace the pump step by step. I highly recommend you watch them. Our shut-off valve to the hot water line failed when we disconnected the dishwasher from the line, even tough the water was turned off. We had gallons of scolding hot water pouring out. Be sure if you house is more than ten years old that you are prepared to disconnect the line. Be sure the dishwasher is un-mounted from the counter so you can pull it out quickly until the house lines are drained.

Just what I needed
There's not much to review. It's either the right part or not and it either works or doesn't. Two positives equals 5 stars. I received the part before it was even listed on Amazon as having shipped (about 5 days quicker than the expected date).

FYI, this motor fits several different dishwashers, mine was a KitchenAid. I don't have the foggiest idea if your installation is the same. There are several videos on youtube that have you do this from the inside of the tub and they all look to me to be much more difficult than from underneath. It took me longer to get out my tools than to replace the motor.

I had enough slack in the power supply and drain hose to pull the dishwasher out without disconnecting them . . . you may have to disconnect yours. (Do turn off the power at its source!) I laid the dishwasher on its side, unplugged the wires from the motor, removed the single retaining bolt, then twisted and wiggled the old motor out. Have a towel ready for...



8535760 has been updated to a new part by the manufacture. New part number W10239404

  • New part number W10239404
  • Improved design



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment