Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Factory-Reconditioned KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixers

Factory-Reconditioned KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixers



Factory-Reconditioned KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixers
Tis The Season for Help in the Kitchen with the KitchenAid RRK 150WH!
WOW! It's hard to believe the price on this incredible mixer-even considering it's reconditioned. Before making my purchase, I contacted KitchenAid's Support Center (a toll-free phone number for anyone to use)and wanted the bottom line of a "Factory-Reconditioned" Product. In my own personal experience, I've dealt with companies that had differing ideas on what they meant by "Reconditioned", "Refurbished", "Like New" and some others.

I wanted this review to be as useful as possible so I did as much research as I could, hopefully it will help you to make a more informed and comfortable decision. The wonderful and personable customer service representatives as KitchenAid were very helpful in answering a list of questions that I had prepared. I already had the mixer but wanted to make certain that the information I was passing on to you was as up to date as possible. They reassured me that when they put the "Factory-Reconditioned" stamp of approval on the KitchenAid RRK150WH...

You get what you pay for
My refurbished mixer performs fine, but it's less than perfect. I'm able to overlook its minor problems, but if you're the type of person who worries about every scratch on your car or every ping the engine makes, save yourself the anxiety and buy a brand new mixer.

Upon taking the mixer out of the package, I noticed a small ding in the paint/enamel on the top of the mixer, and a few minor scratches on the stainless steel bowl. The metallic strip that encircles the head of the mixer also did not seem very well attached; I don't know if that had anything to do with it being reconditioned - it seemed like it just wasn't glued down to begin with.

Those were just cosmetic flaws and didn't really bother me. What concerned me was the strange, low grinding noise the mixer made when I started it up (I've used these mixers before and I know they're not supposed to sound like that). It only makes this noise when operating on the first two speeds; on higher speeds it...

Factory-Reconditioned KitchenAid Artisan Series stand mixer
My factory-reconditioned KitchenAid Artisan Series 5 quart stand mixer arrived in perfect condition (no scratches, chips, or dents) with all of its accessories. All parts fit together properly. The mixer worked flawlessly on the first try and has continued to do so ever since.

It is sturdy, very well made and a pleasure to use. I have no regrets that I bought a factory-reconditioned product. I would recommend KitchenAid factory-reconditioned products to anyone, and I do.

Factory Reconditioned ModelKitchenAid's Artisan stand mixer is a substantial piece of equipment: 325 watts of mixing power make child's play of creaming butter, kneading dough, and whipping cream. The kid in you will appreciate how quick and easy it is to mix up a batch of cookie dough. This model comes with three attachments: a flat beater for making batter, meat loaf, and all textures in-between; a wire whip for egg whites, mayonnaise, and more air-infused creations; and a hook for mixing and kneading yeast doughs. All three are solidly constructed and easily secured to the beater shaft with a simple twist. The bowl itself locks tight to the base. Standing about 15 inches high, jutting out a foot, and weighing more than a grown woman's bowling ball, this stand mixer isn't the sort of appliance you'll wipe down and put away. Better to find a square foot of free counter space for easy access; besides, this machine is as pretty as it is rugged--you'll want to show it off. --Betsy Danheim

Editor's note: This is a reconditioned small appliance. Reconditioned generally means that the appliance has been returned to the manufacturer, who brings the appliance back to like-new condition. Some appliances may contain cosmetic blemishes.

  • 325-watt mixer with 10 speeds; 5-quart stainless steel bowl
  • Tilt-back head for easy access to mixture
  • Includes flat beater, dough hook, and wire whip; pouring shield not included
  • Reconditioned by the manufacturer to "like new" condition; includes 6-month warranty
  • Measures 14 by 8-2/3 inches by 14 inches



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment