Thursday, May 2, 2013

Whirlpool W10224431 Dispenser for Dishwasher

Whirlpool W10224431 Dispenser for Dishwasher



Whirlpool W10224431 Dispenser for Dishwasher
Fits KitchenAid
Whirlpool builds Kitchenaid dishwashers, so this part is an identical interchange.

It fit perfectly and there is a helpful video on youtube on how to make the change. You need a torx (star shaped) screwdriver bit to remove the panel, although these can be had for a couple dollars at any hardware store.

The part I got has a red cover for the rinse agent plug instead of the blue one, but this makes no difference.

Shipment was quick and quality of part is as good, or better than original.

Whirlpool dispenser for Kitchenaid
This item is an improved exact replacement for the original kitchenaid dispenser, which broke within three years of mild usage. In addition, it was cheaper. It can be installed with a screwdriver in about an hour.

Part is fine, watch out for the installation
I installed this into a Kitchen Aid model KUDS03FTSS. I consider myself to be fairly handy when it comes to repairs and I'd give this about a 6 on scale of 1-10. It comes with no instructions but I don't blame the manufacturer for that. It's a part that can be used in multiple models and what you need to do depends on the model. The dishwasher door needs to be taken apart to get to the spot where the swap has to take place. A You Tube video was helpful for that but since the model in the video wasn't the model that I had, some improvising was necessary. It did give me the basics and that's all I needed. In my case, the screws that needed to be removed to get to the inside of the door had heads shaped like 6 point stars. I happened to have a screw driver to handle that but I would guess that most people would not. Once you get the door apart the removal and installation of the soap dispenser is fairly simple. The toughest part for me was getting the door back together. A...


  • This part works with the following models: Whirlpool KUDC03FVBL3, Whirlpool KUDC03FVSS2, Whirlpool KUDC03FVSS3
  • Whirlpool KUDC03IVBL2
  • Whirlpool KUDC03IVBL1
  • Whirlpool KUDC03FVWH3 , Whirlpool KUDC03FVSS3
  • Genuine Replacement Part



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment