Friday, May 3, 2013

Breville 800BLXL Die-Cast Hemisphere 2-Speed Blender with 67-Ounce Polycarbonate Jar

Breville 800BLXL Die-Cast Hemisphere 2-Speed Blender with 67-Ounce Polycarbonate Jar



Breville 800BLXL Die-Cast Hemisphere 2-Speed Blender with 67-Ounce Polycarbonate Jar
I love this blender
After reading the previous reviews, I was a bit leery of buying this blender. I wanted the best, period. First, this is in my opinion the best looking and I leave it on my counter top, replacing a Kitchen Aid which I gave to my sister.

The first thing I did was to fill the jug with ice to the top. I pushed the ice button and within a few minutes, I had finely grated snow with no large chunks at all. It would have been a perfect snow cone. I went on to put in Strawberries, soft tofu, Yogurt, Soy vanilla ice cream, honey and a little non fat milk on top of the shaved ice. It made one of the best smoothies I have ever had. I have had numerous complements from my wife and neighbors on the smoothies this produces.

I also put in a whole large sweet onion quartered and three cups of large skinned tomatoes, some mushrooms, corn and whole garlic cloves, along with some essential seasoning and made a perfect tomato soup. The consistency was creamy and consistently...

More affordable alternative to a BlendTec or Vitamix
I recently picked this blender up when my old blender, a Kitchenaid KSB560OB 5-Speed Ultra Power Series Blender that was about 3 years old died. In defense of the old blender a small piece of chicken bone inadvertantly went in when I was blending homemade dog food so I consider it my fault. However, rather than fixing the broken coupler I decided it was a good opportunity to upgrade to something with more power.

My dream blender was a vitamix since I had heard rave reviews about it from friends who owned one. However after analyzing the cost I realized I didn't need my blender to do as many things as it could promise given I already have a juicer, food processor, immersion blender and spice grinder at home. After reading about this blender it seemed like the perfect alterative. It's still VERY well made and he design of the jar allows it to blend frozen fruit with ease, but it's about half the price of a vitamix.

So far I've used it to make lots of...

Good power but disappointed in blending performance
Purchased this blender after two bearing failures on two different Cuisinart blenders over a two year period. Make smoothies almost every morning using fresh and frozen fruit and the Cuisinart was marginal on power when using frozen fruit. The Breville 800BLXL has sufficient power but has a greater tendency to create an air pocket around the blade mechanism than the Cuisinart. This then requires stopping the machine and poking something down to the bottom to release the air. If it wasn't for this deficiency I would give it a full 5 star rating.

The Breville Die-Cast Hemisphere Blender turns ice into snow with a powerful 1000 watt motor! The patented bowl/blade system utilizes a large, semicircular shredding blade positioned to hug the uniquely shaped bowl. Because of this design, there are no still zones around the blades and the results are finely shredded, consistent ingredients. The 67 ounce/2 liter polycarbonate pitcher is designed to resist fogginess and cracking. The baked enamel measurements provide for sharp viewing and accurate measurement. The base control pad is designed without crevices for easy cleaning and gives you precise control over the motor's 2-speed settings and pulse functions. The base is die-cast stainless. The pitcher is dishwasher safe. It has a Breville assist lid and plug for easy removal.

  • 1000-watt blender offers push-button controls and 2 speed settings plus pulse
  • Extra-wide stainless-steel blades hug bowl to prevent food from being trapped
  • Stainless-steel and polymer motor helps eliminate friction and create quiet blending
  • Dishwasher-safe 67-ounce polycarbonate jar with measurement markings and leak-free lid
  • Measures 7 by 7-3/4 by 18-1/4 inches; 1-year limited warranty



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment