Saturday, May 25, 2013

Kitchenaid KUDS30IXWH Superba Series Dishwasher

Kitchenaid KUDS30IXWH Superba Series Dishwasher



Kitchenaid KUDS30IXWH Superba Series Dishwasher
If this dishwasher were a man, I would marry it!
I have owned this dishwasher for about eight months and I love it. I cannot believe how happy one can be just because they have a machine that makes the dishes sanitized and sparkling! I replaced an old GE Profile dishwasher and what a difference. The Kitchenaid dishwasher holds A LOT of dishes and has adjustable features on the top and bottom racks that allow you to load large, oversized pieces. There are things that I could not fit into my old dishwasher that easily fit in this one. You can even lower or remove the top rack if you need to. When friends come over, I show them the features like it's a new car or something!

I use the sanitize feature with every load I do. It takes two hours and 25 minutes to complete the wash cycle, but who cares. Your dishes will be cleaned to standards set by the health dept that restaurants are supposed follow to kill bacteria. This thing heats up and kills bacteria so well, that if I start it before I leave for work at 9 am, the dishes...

Cleans but design failures are frustrating
I purchased this dishwasher after spending some time researching for a model that cleans well, and is quiet. This Kitchenaid model fit, and although expensive, I felt it would be worth the extra cash for the quality and features it had. The bottom rack is laid out well and the silverware holder has worked ok. We have had to put twisty ties on the silverware holder to keep the plastic tops on it. After owning it for 2 years, I have found it cleans well without the noise. I am very happy with the performance.

The issue I have was the poor design of the upper dish rack, the front panel and door seals. On the upper dish rack, the wheels are held on by some cheap plastic (Premium adjusters with SatinGlide). All four wheels have broken and while Kitchenaid replaced them in the first 3 months, they have failed again while out of warranty. Cost will be about $60 for replacement. About a year after my purchase, the dishwasher started to leak a little bit in the front. The...

Unreliable; poor customer service from KitchenAid
After careful review and study of dishwashers, my husband and I selected this model. The features we liked were the 4 sprayers, the hard food dispenser and stainless steel tub. First machine arrived damaged/defective. Door would not open and close properly. Returned before installation. A week later, the replacement arrived. Installed, and it was working beautifully and acutally cleaning dishes!!! Something we had not experience for the last five years with our prior dishwasher (GE).

Last week, the dishwasher stopped working. Control panel does not seem to be functioning, and the machine will not shut off. Repairman came today, but did not have parts. It will take a week to get parts. I called Kitchenaid and spoke to a supervisor to ask if they had heard of a company called FEDEX!! Unwilling to express parts. Purchased machine less than 60 days ago, so we are ripping it out and returning it.

Now to begin our search for yet another potentially good...

Full Console Dishwasher with 4 Wash Cycles, ProScrub Option, Light/China Cycle, Culinary Caddy Utensil Basket and Whisper Quiet 49 dBA Sound Insulation System: White

  • ProScrub Option uses 36 powerful spray jets to deliver concentrated cleaning for stubborn messes



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment