Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cuisinart DFP-14BCN 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel

Cuisinart DFP-14BCN 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel



Cuisinart DFP-14BCN 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
Every Kitchen Needs a Cuisinart
Every kitchen needs a Cuisinart, and after the work bowl of my former much loved 14-cup Cuisinart Food Processor of 20+ years finally gave out, I opted to purchase the new Cuisinart 14-cup brushed chrome model DFP-14BC.

First the aesthetics, this model compliments all my other stainless steel appliances, including my double oven, toaster and microwave, etc. It looks very sleek compared to my former white model. In other words, I'm very pleased with the way it looks.

I use my food processor quite often and shopped around before deciding to choose this particular model. I picked this square-shaped model, similar to my older replaced DLC-7 model, with the two rectangular buttons that `click'. Since my former Cuisinart of like design served me well 20+ years, this design appeared more durable and was less expensive than another Cuisinart rounded model with oval buttons that looked less heavy-duty.

Other than a few modifications to the food pusher assembly, this new DFP-14BC...

The food processor SHOW DOWN: A comparison of 14 cup stainless Cuisinart food processors
Update: Captain Katie says you should know it's hard to find the Limited Edition now. However, every so often Cuisinart introduces it again. In which case you can utilize this review to decide some things to compare on new food processors as they come out, or utilize it to decide if the other ones reviewed would be too your liking...or, sometimes when you check, you'll also find Cuisinart reintroduce the Limited Edition for a spell. At the time of my review it had been out ongoing for a few years but now it's easier to find the other models.

When I buy a new kitchen or household item with lots of competitors I do loads of comparison/contrasting and research first if it's over a hundred bucks...Knowing it was time for a new food processor, I began comparing models. However, I found it a tad difficult to do with all the different blades, codes, etc.

Therefore, once I had completed my own shopping and comparisons, I thought it might be helpful for anyone else in the...

Powerful and attractive
I read the reviews listed here before I purchased my Cuisinart 14-cup food processor from Amazon. Since I have received my processor, I can say that I have had similar experiences as many others have. Yes, it is aggravating that you have to leave the pusher assembly in place while running, having to remove it to add extra ingredients. Yes, it is very aggravating to wash those shredder discs, especially after shredding mozzerella cheese. It took me almost ten minutes to dig all the little gummed-up pieces of cheese out of the nooks and crannies. But it is powerful. Nothing will bogg this thing down. It works like a breeze. I love the large bowl and the large feed shoot. I made my decision to purchase based on the size and the watts. Mine is also very quite, which suprised me. It looks beautiful and massive sitting on the counter. Yes, you will want to leave it out. It is very heavy. But from now on, I'm going to stick the blades in the dishwasher.

The Cuisinart DFP-14 Custom Food Processor has an extra-large feed tube that holds whole fruits and vegetables. Features a 14-cup work bowl, 4mm stainless steel medium slicing disc, stainless steel shredding disc, chopping/mixing blade and dough blade. Includes a spatula, how-to DVD and recipe book.A perfect gift for new homemakers, the food processor has become an integral part of modern cooking, speeding up a multitude of processes, including kneading dough; slicing; chopping; shredding cheese, vegetables, and meat; mincing garlic and parsley; mixing batters; and emulsifying mayonnaise. Cuisinart's Custom food processor comes with a 14-cup work bowl; five basic attachments for slicing, shredding, chopping, mixing, and kneading; and also features two feed-tube options, one big enough to handle a whole potato. This processor comes with a compact cover for use when the feed tube isn't needed and a pulse control that allows the desired degree of fineness when chopping and puréeing. Remove the detachable stem for compact storage of discs. All the parts are dishwasher-safe and the motor base wipes clean. In addition, a custom-contoured spatula, a recipe booklet, and a 30-minute video designed to familiarize the new owner with the care and use of the food processor are included. --Victoria Jenkins

  • 720-watt large-capacity food processor with intuitive "on" and "off/pulse" buttons
  • 14-cup Lexan work bowl; extra-large feed tube; small and large pushers
  • Stainless-steel slicing disc, shredding disc, chopping blade, and dough blade
  • Spatula, instruction/recipe booklet, and video included; dishwasher-safe parts
  • Measures 7-1/2 by 9-3/4 by 15-3/4 inches; 3-year limited warranty with 5-year warranty on motor



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment