Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Whirlpool Part Number 8270022: Link, Door Balance

Whirlpool Part Number 8270022: Link, Door Balance



Whirlpool Part Number 8270022: Link, Door Balance
Correct fit. Easy install. But it broke. *Updated*
Yes, this part is an exact replacement even though it appears to look different. However, it broke after two times opening the door. Not a well made item. The plastic is weak and it broke the same way the 6 year oem part broke but only after two door openings. It does not give me confidence that the other side or this replacement will last that long. It is a pain to have to pull the entire dishwasher out to replace the items. At least I know where to buy such an odd item and can replace the part myself.

*Update* The vendor kindly sent a replacement set, and quickly too might I add. However, I notice that this replacement item seems to be placing far more strain on the OEM springs and assembly due to the shorter "rope" that is used than the OEM parts. I have a feeling the Springs should be replaced--- with longer springs too? The parts are working but under a great deal of stress when the dishwasher door is opened. The door "screams" when opened---and I'm expecting...

my item was broken, and this one same material and with out install instruction
my item was broken, and this one same material and with out install instruction
my item was broken, and this one same material and with out install instruction

Weak Replacement
This set of replacement parts fit the dishwasher just fine. Except for getting the dishwasher itself out from the counter, the install was very easy. There were some major differences from the OEM part though. First off, opening or closing the dishwasher was VERY loud. Everyone in the house knows every time the dishwasher is opened or closed. More importantly, the plastic on the OEM part broke after 8 years, while this replacement part lasted about 4 months.

I did contact the vendor "Buy Your Parts" to find out if they could offer any help. Nope! Their response was basically "Tough Luck". I will never be purchasing anything from "Buy Your Parts" in the future. They sell this for $10, which is reasonable, but it can't cost more than $1 to manufacture. With that kind of markup they should be able to afford to offer a decent warranty, but whatever warranty they do offer, it's less than 6 months.

Now I still need to figure out how to fix my dishwasher...

Whirlpool Part Number 8270022: Link, Door Balance

  • If unsure, please ask the seller if it fits your model



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment