Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cuisinart DLC-2011CHB Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless

Cuisinart DLC-2011CHB Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless



Cuisinart DLC-2011CHB Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless
Does a great job with no hassle
I avoided food processors in the past because the food chute was always too small, the motor wasn't up to the job, and they were a pain to clean. My fiancé bought me this food processor as a Christmas present. I'm pleased to say that we're both impressed by its appearance, thoughtful design, and performance.

The brushed stainless finish is attractive and easy to wipe clean. The handle-in-front work bowl design is accessible to me (right-handed) and him (left-handed) equally. The machine doesn't take up a huge amount of counter space, and sits securely without "walking" or shimmying even when processing heavy foods.

The work bowl has a HUGE opening that greatly reduces pre-prep knife time. However, you are not stuck using the big opening all the time. The pusher has a smaller round "sub-pusher" in it that provides a smaller opening for holding long vegetables upright or for adding liquids while in motion. The lid is secure but can be removed and replaced...

Good, solid, basic machine.
My first attempt at purchasing a food processor was to buy the $69.99 Oster. I did this because of the price. Predictably, it did not perform well and I had to return it. Perhaps Oster does better with blenders, I don't know. After doing further research, I was torn between KitchenAid and Cuisinart. There are hordes of loyal followers in each camp on this issue, and it was hard to choose based on reviews. I finally just went with Cuisinart, because it happened to be the model that my local store carried. In general, I'm happy with the product and would recommend it to other home cooks. I've only had this appliance a few months, and I don't use it every day. I probably use it once every couple weeks because it's only my husband and me so I don't cook for a crowd. I do love to prep a lot of food and then freeze it ahead because I'm a busy teacher, so the processor is a big help with that. If it were not so heavy and easier to clean, I'd probably use it more because this...

Cuisinart stole my heart from Kitchenaid!!
I'm a Kitchenaid kind of girl, so when my husband surprised me with the Cuisinart Food Processor, I was faced with quite the quandry. I began to research both the Cuisinart 2011 and the Kitchenaid 760. The reviews pointed slightly towards the Kitchenaid so I figured I'd swap mine for it. I visited a local store to compare them in person and was so disappointed to realize that the Cuisinart fits together more securely and smoothly. In denial I stared at the blades for quite some time. Finally I had to admit to myself that the Cuisinart ones were heavier. They felt better and looked more solid. Oh how I tried to convince myself that the Kitchenaid was better. But I just didn't like how the top on the Kitchenaid snapped into place. It's not as smooth. The KA comes with more tools. Surely I'd end up with the Kitchenaid.

I went home and joined the online Kitchenaid Conversation Forum. Who does this? It's a group of people who post back and forth about their devotion to...

Perfecting the art of food preparation. With a brushed stainless finish that adds a touch of elegance to any modern kitchen, the Cuisinart Prep Plus Food Processor is the ideal prep tool for any task. It's compact build allows it to fit comfortably on any countertop and the large work bowl makes it easy to create an entire meal from scratch. After all, it's a Cuisinart!

  • Lexan work bowl virtually shatterproof, dishwasher-safe
  • Speed automatically adjusts to ensure proper dough consistency
  • Includes spatula, recipe/instruction book, and how-to DVD; dishwasher-safe parts
  • One-piece Supreme wide mouth feed tube holds whole fruits and vegetables
  • Spatula, recipes, how-to video included



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment