Monday, April 29, 2013

Oster 6812-001 Core 16-Speed Blender with Glass Jar, Black

Oster 6812-001 Core 16-Speed Blender with Glass Jar, Black



Oster 6812-001 Core 16-Speed Blender with Glass Jar, Black
Very Nice Blender
BOTTOM LINE SUMMARY: This blender performs at least as well as blenders that cost 2-3 times as much, and it has more specific speed options than the more expensive blenders.

Before I begin my review, I should start out by saying that I am a bit of a blender snob, and I collect them for fun. My sole purpose in getting this blender was to see how it compared to a KitchenAid (KSB5ER4) and a Cuisinart (BFP-10CH). Also, this is an initial, first-time usage review - I will keep the review updated over time so I can attest for its longevity, consistency, etc.

That being said, I am very impressed with this blender. It is consistent with the quality that I expect from Oster. It blended the same Strawberry Banana Smoothie that I always make MUCH better than the 7-year old KitchenAid blender that I often use - no chunks whatsoever. I tested the ice crush feature, and it made mince meat out of ice in 2-3 seconds. In fact, I would dare say that it crushes ice perfectly, and...

Nice blender, looks good, blends good... but!
I bought this blender to mainly make Smoothies from frozen fruits. In that it does an excellent job, the smoothies come out nice and consistent without lumps (like my old blender used to do).

Aesthetics: The blender looks much better than what I expected. It looks well built and the glass Jar looks STURDY! It stays on the counter top because it looks very good.

Cleaning: Very easy to clean, bottom assembly comes apart easily and its easy to reassemble.

Now the issue: After two days of use I noticed something that I didn't expect in a blender. Rust! I was quite surprised to find rust in the blade. Not in the edges, but what looks like a rivet that holds the blades together. I also notices some (not much) burning smell during the first two uses. I am not much worried about the smell, this I expect to go away. But the rust isn't something to ignore.

I was going to return it to Amazon, but decided to call Oster first. Their rep...

I love this blender!
I love, love, love this blender! I bought a Kitchenaid blender about 10 years ago and hated it everyday that I owned it, it finally broke so I got to buy a new one. My mom owns this Oster blender and I tested hers out before I bought it. I can not tell you how much better this blender is compared to the Kitchenaid! I can make a blended Margarita in less than 30 seconds and the ice is so smooth! After 2 minutes on the Kitchenaid the ice would be uneven and still have very big chuncks in it. This is an awesome blender and it's a third of the price of the Kitchenaid.

With sleek modern styling and a powerful 450-watt motor, this efficient countertop blender works great for whipping up fruit smoothies, mixing frozen margaritas, blending pureed soups, stirring up zesty salsas, and more. Simply add ingredients to the large 5-cup scratch-resistant glass jar, secure the lid, and make a speed selection from the user-friendly push-button control panel. Choose between low power and high power and 16 speed settings including grate, blend, shred, grind, mash, liquefy, frappe, stir, beat, puree, chop, whip, pulse, ice crush, and more. The appliance features sharp ice-crushing stainless-steel blades to ensure smooth results and an exclusive all-metal drive system where the two connecting pieces, from motor to blade, are made of metal (instead of plastic) for enhanced durability and long-lasting performance. Best of all, the glass jar can safely go in the dishwasher for effortless cleanup. From one breakfast smoothie or party drink to the next, the blender, which measures approximately 8-3/5 by 10-1/5 by 14 inches, might be best left out on the counter for quick, easy, everyday access.

  • 450-watt blender with 16 speed settings, including ice crush and pulse
  • Large 5-cup scratch-resistant glass jar offers generous handle and secure-fitting lid
  • Exclusive all-metal drive system for enhanced durability and long-lasting performance
  • Sharp stainless-steel blades; push-button control panel; dishwasher-safe parts
  • Measures approximately 8-3/5 by 10-1/5 by 14 inches



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment