Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kitchenaid KUDC10IXWH Classic Series Dishwasher

Kitchenaid KUDC10IXWH Classic Series Dishwasher



Kitchenaid KUDC10IXWH Classic Series Dishwasher
Cleaned 2-day old stuck on lasagna. Nuf said!
In my mind, a dishwasher has one major job to do and do well- wash dishes! I made 2 pans of lasagna and let sit in dishwasher without rinsing for almost 2 days. Cleaned both pans beautifully! Love the adjustable top rack. I was able to put my plastic blender carafe and my tall water bottles on top shelf while still having room for plates on bottom shelf. Large open space on bottom rack makes room for LOTS of plates/saucers/bowls, etc. One more thing I like: slanted top rack slots keep water from accumulating inside bottom of upside-down glasses (you know, the ones that spill out all over you as soon as you take them out?). So quiet, my husband was standing right next to it and asked me if it was on! Stainless steel interior will last a long time. Silver rack can be doubled/halved according to need. Love this dishwasher!

Not the quality I expected
On the advice of the local appliance repair guy, I purchased this dishwasher new at Lowes. We have had it for right at a year now and I'm very disappointed. I'll get to the worst of it first... 1) A few times a month it will not complete a wash cycle. It seems like it resets itself after a few tries and starts working again. 2) The pump sounds like it is trying to die. At least once a week my wife tells me that the dishwasher is making a grinding noise. I'm waiting for the pump to die so I can replace the dishwasher. 3) If it did not have the previous mentioned problems, I would not buy this unit for the following reason alone... The buttons on the panel are very sensitive. You can easily turn on the dishwasher or change the settings just by working at the counter. Unless of course you are trying to press the child lock button which has a mind of its own. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When I started writing the review, I had rated this item with two stars. My...

Washes great, but...
For what it's supposed to do, I am very happy with this machine. This is my second KitchenAid and have had this one for a full year. I typically do not pre-wash and do dishes on alternate days; they are always clean. It is a long cycle, but knowing that, no problem.

A few things don't fare as well as the older model. The racks, specifically the top, do not roll easily. It frequently requires manuevering to slide in. Also the spacing on the top shelf is not as generous as I was used to. My mugs do not conveniently fit.

I deliberately choose the model with the controls on the outside, rather on the top of the door. It is more convenient for my visually impaired family member. The concern is that they are VERY sensitive! Working at the counter or reaching to the cupboards above frequently but inadvertantly start the machine! And it's so quiet, some people don't realize they've turned it on.

I would still look at KitchenAid for my next purchase...

Experience exceptional wash and dry performance that delivers better results (combined wash and dry results of leading premium brands' highest MSRP models; dry testing conducted without rinse aid). A Heat Dry option helps ensure dishes are dry when the cycle ends.

  • The Heat Dry option delivers faster and more complete drying by activating a recessed heating element during the drying cycle.
  • Fold-down tines in the lower rack improve cleaning performance by keeping tines out of the way, allowing water to clean inside deep or wide dishes.
  • The two-position upper rack has manual adjusters that allow the rack to move up or down as needed, and the SatinGlide(R) System allows the rack to move effortlessly.
  • Four durable stainless steel wash arms improve cleaning performance by distributing water precisely and powerfully around the dishwasher.
  • Sure-Hold(R) Light Item Clips improve cleaning performance by holding lightweight items, such as plastic lids, in place.



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment