Saturday, April 27, 2013

Whirlpool 8194200 Heater Kit for Dish Washer

Whirlpool 8194200 Heater Kit for Dish Washer



Whirlpool 8194200 Heater Kit for Dish Washer
Like a new dishwasher
After 5 years, our dishwasher quit cleaning and drying as as well as it did when new. I was thinking I might have to start saving for a new one when I did some internet research regarding the problems I was having. I found that Whirlpool had designed a better heater kit and circuit board for it. After pulling the dishwasher out, replacing the heater and board and putting it all back together, alas - its like a new machine again. Thanks to Amazon and the tech help available, I was able to do it myself.

Perfect Replacement
I put this into a Kitchenaid machine whose heating element had physically broken after many years. The element arrived with some shipping damage (one contact of the element was bent), because it was sent in the wholesale box that was not designed for individual shipment. I was, fortunately, able to bend the contact back to the correct orientation without damage. The element was different in shape from the one in the machine (it had several straight sections, rather than being uniformly circular). I got reassurance from an online source that it would fit just fine, and that is how it turned out. Installed it myself, which was straightforward. Along with the element, you also are instructed to replace the control circuit board (located in the door) with the new one supplied with the element. Evidently, the new board has some revised programming That swap was easy. While the machine was clear of the cabinetry, I also took the opportunity to clear the strainer screens and traps,...

Perfect Fix for Old Kitchenaid
Our Kitchenaid dishwasher has been giving trouble for a couple of months (clean light blinks 7 times and you can't run a cycle until you reset the controller). Internet research indicated it was a likely heating element problem. That fit since it often wouldn't run the drying cycle at the end and the dishes would come out clean, but cold and damp. With a little more research, I figured out this was the correct replacement part. Originally thought of just replacing the heating element, but saw several postings saying the controller and element should be replaced together.

Replacement took a bit more than an hour. I ohmed out the heating element. Not clear it was bad. It had a resistance of 13.5 ohms; open or short indicate bad, from what I could read. But after I replaced the element and controller, it works like new. Maybe it was actually the controller that was bad.

Primary improvement would be if it included some basic instructions, particularly for...

KitchenAid-Whirlpool-8194200-HEATER-KIT

  • Stainless Steel
  • Includes Electronics
  • Genuine Replacement Part



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment