Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bosch SHX3AR76UC Ascenta 24" Black Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star

Bosch SHX3AR76UC Ascenta 24" Black Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star



Bosch SHX3AR76UC Ascenta 24
My Second Bosch Dishwasher
My 15-year old Bosch SMU 4000 died, and the research on a popular consumer site said that the top 8 dishwashers were Bosch (including this model). I also trust the reviews on Amazon, and was surprised to see the low ratings of the Bosch dishwashers. So I looked around (in person) at the other brands available and just dreaded buying anything else but Bosch. Several of the Amazon reviews had a low rating because the capacity is lower than the piece of junk they just scrapped. It makes sense to me that to make these dishwashers quiet they probably need more insulation, and it's not possible to make the dishwasher larger on the outside, so they may sacrifice some space on the inside. I accept that trade-off gladly. I did not research to see if the smaller space claim was true, because I don't mind if I have more frequent smaller loads. I liked the layout after I used it a few times, and seems very similar to my old Bosch. And it is quiet - noticeably quieter than my old one...

Excellent Dishwasher: Very Quiet
We're remodeling our Kitchen, and the existing dishwasher was very old with a few cracks in the door, so we replaced it. Although this is a straightforward DIY project, we had a few complications from tile work (floor and countertop) by a previous owner. The old dishwasher was tightly wedged in, and it was very difficult to fit this new Bosch into place. This is NOT a problem with the dishwasher. It fit the space more fully than the older washer, but the older washer also had heavy layers of insulation padding the exterior. There is some padding on the Bosch on the sides and top, but not as much as the old Maytag we removed.

Once we shoehorned it in, we tried it out. It is quiet, but not as remarkably quiet as some have said about Bosch. Some reviews say they could not hear it running. We could easily hear it running, but it was significantly quieter than our old one, and I'd rate it as the most quiet dishwasher I've almost not heard. I think part of the quiet design...

Small But Provides Excellent Cleaning
I bought this Bosch because of its high rating in Consumer Reports. I was replacing a Kenmore that I had never liked and wanted something of high quality.

One of the problems I had with the Kenmore was that the dishes sometimes didn't get clean. Even worse, they sometimes smelled funny (the dishwasher also had a strange smell when it was running). I am thrilled to say that this Bosch is an excellent dish, glass, and utensil cleaner. It is by far the best dishwasher I've had in terms of cleaning.

Another problem I had with the Kenmore was that the dishes were never dry. After using the Sanitize setting and a rinse aid, most dishes are completely dry. The only exceptions, of course, are plastic items which don't normally dry anyway.

The Kenmore also had a horrible mold problem. I think you're beginning to understand why I hated this dishwasher so much. I asked the installer about this, and he told me I won't have the problem with the Bosch because the...

The Ascenta line of dishwashers offers outstanding Bosch quietness efficiency and a rich feature set as a superior alternative to all-plastic tub dishwashers Our exclusive stainless-steel wash tub with a polypropylene base makes purchasing an easy ch...

  • 50 dBA- Quietest Brand
  • Saves up to 280 gallons of water each year
  • Self-Latching Door Stays Put and Latches
  • Delicate Wash for Fine China
  • Stainless Steel TallTub w/ *PP



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment