Thursday, April 25, 2013

Whirlpool W10077881 Rinse Aid Cap for Dishwasher

Whirlpool W10077881 Rinse Aid Cap for Dishwasher



Whirlpool W10077881 Rinse Aid Cap for Dishwasher
Expensive, but better than from the manufacturer
Amazing! We had the exact same experience. This piece came loose in our dishwasher and melted on the heating element. The frustrating thing is that I didn't do anything to make this happen. I'd replaced the Jet Dry a month ago, for crying out loud!

I completely agree that $17 is absurd for a 10 cent piece of plastic, but I called KitchenAid and they wanted to charge me $38! I couldn't believe it! It made me almost happy to pay a "mere" $17 :)

I also think it's higher quality than the one that came with the dishwasher, so hopefully it won't come loose again!

Dishwasher Replacement Part
So what do you do when you lose the original of this part, or the original comes lose and gets burned by the heating element inside the dishwasher? You buy this replacement, which fits and works perfectly. That being said, $16.99 is completely absurd for a small plastic part that probably costs no more than a quarter to manufacture, but I suppose it beats getting a new dishwasher, or having an appliance repair person coming in and installing it and adding the price of a service call if you're out of warranty. Note to self: Don't lose this piece again!

it fits and does the job.
Somehow my old one got left on the bottom during a cycle and melted when it rested against the heating element.

Make sure the part number matches and this is a good replacement.

Whirlpool Part Number W10077881: Knob, Rinse Aid

  • Works with Whirlpool KUDA03CTBL0, Whirlpool KUDA03CTBL2, Whirlpool KUDA03CTBL3
  • Works with model: Whirlpool KUDA03CTBS3
  • Works with model: Whirlpool KUDA03CTBS2
  • Works with model: Whirlpool KUDA03CTBS0, 'Whirlpool KUDA03CTBS0
  • Genuine Replacement Part



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment