Monday, April 29, 2013

Presto 02910 SaladShooter Electric Slicer/Shredder

Presto 02910 SaladShooter Electric Slicer/Shredder



Presto 02910 SaladShooter Electric Slicer/Shredder
Silly? Sure. Useful? YOU BETCHA!
We laughed and laughed when we received this "as seen on TV" slicing and, well, grating "miracle product" as a gift. Who would actually use such a crazy thing? Well, it turns out that we would, frequently. It may not dice, but it does slice beautifully - thin and uniform, as well as grating everything from cheese to potatoes to carrots to ... you name it. We use it almost daily. If you're a vegetable eater or a cheese lover, you won't know how you lived without it. Easy to assemble and disassemble, and it's dishwasher safe, although you do have to position the parts correctly to maximize water flow and cleaning. You can do a fine or a coarse grate, a straight or a wavy slice. You can even get an ice shaver for making snow cones. It does have some limitations. While it grates all kinds of cheeses (softer cheeses work best when chilled), it can't slice cheese at all. Nor does it slice onions, celery or other "stringy" vegetables well. It will grate them, though. It slices cucumbers,...

A great little appliance!
I have not had my salad shooter long but I have been very pleased with how easy it is to use and how easy it is to clean up after using it. I use a lot of coconuts making coconut kefir from the coconut water and then I have to find something to do with all that coconut meat or throw it away. After having so much coconut flour and coconut milk, I still had more left over that I did not want to throw away so I started shredded it. Shredded it by hand meant I was also shredded my hands. Not an option. After reading what others had written about the Salad Shooter, it sounded like something I would rather have than the shredder attachment to my Kitchen Aid. The reviews on that was not as good as the reviews on the Salad Shooter. I ordered the extra attachments for it and was surprised at the speedy delivery. One was not included in the order for some reason but they were swift to get it to me. I had intended to use it mainly for shredding the coconut but once I had it I started using it...

Another replacement
Years and years ago, someone gave my mother a salad shooter. She was so impressed - and Mother knew everything "kitchen" - she bought me one. I don't even know how many years I had it, but she has been gone for 6 years, and it was long before that. Well, last week, it was grating some potatoes for me, and it just gave up the ghost. For some reason, I'd never considered that that could happen! My beloved salad shooter was no more. Well, guess what! I came right to my computer and ordered another one, which, thank goodness, came today.
Maybe I should stock up in case they stop making them! How does anyone cook without a salad shooter?

Quickly slices or shreds vegetables, fruits, cheese, and more for sensational salads, perfect pizzas, terrific tacos and delicious desserts. Takes the work and mess out of making salads - one ingredient after another shoots right into your salad so there are no extra bowls to clean! Extra easy to use - interchangeable slicing and shredding cones slip right in. No complicated parts to assemble.The SaladShooter makes a fabulous gift for those who like big, healthy salads loaded with veggies, homemade pizza with plenty of grated cheese, desserts topped with nuts or chocolate--find yourself in that portrait somewhere? Amazingly fast, the SaladShooter literally shoots out prepared food directly into a salad bowl or in neat piles for an assemble-your-own taco party. Featuring sharp stainless-steel cutting blades, the two interchangeable cones, one for shredding and one for slicing, each slip in and out of the main chute and are secured in place with a twist-lock ring. That’s all--no complicated parts to assemble. Food should be cut into blocks or lengths that fit into the food chamber, and a chart in the user guide specifies which cone to use for which foods. To operate, one hand grips the handle of the shooter and flips on the power switch, while the other hand presses down on the food guide to produce a steady output of shredded or sliced food. There’s no need to wash the parts in between processing different kinds of food, so shredded cheese, lettuce, carrots, and more are ready one after the other. All parts except the motor base can be washed in the dishwasher. The SaladShooter is not intended for grinding coffee or processing cranberries, tomatoes, or meats. Measuring 9-1/2 by 7 by 3-1/2 inches with a five-foot cord, the SaladShooter is covered by a two-year warranty against defects. --Ann Bieri

  • Quickly slices or shreds large amounts of vegetables, fruits and cheese
  • One ingredient after another can be added without cleaning in-between
  • Shoots food right into a salad bowl, onto a pizza, or into soup
  • Interchangeable slicing and shredding cones easily attach
  • Dishwasher-safe (excluding motor base); 9-1/2 by 7 by 3-1/2 inch



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment