Thursday, April 25, 2013

KitchenAid Superba Series KUDS30IXBL

KitchenAid Superba Series KUDS30IXBL



KitchenAid Superba Series KUDS30IXBL
SO Quiet and powerful cleaning!! - until it broke
We bought this dishwasher right before Thanksgiving, so it has been through two major holidays now. It is SO quiet! I no longer have to turn the TV up so I can hear it while the dishwasher is running (we have an open kitchen/family room). I wanted a dishwasher with a delay start so I could run it while we were sleeping, so I didn't have to hear the noise...but it doesn't really matter anymore, because it's so quiet anyway!

I love how the silverware are separated - I think most dishwashers have this feature now - it keeps the silverware from nesting. My daughter hates it, because she has to be careful how she pulls the silverware out of the holes, but I never have any silverware come out of a washing cycle dirty anymore. That used to always be a problem with my old dishwasher.

The ProScrub feature does not always get rid of everything with my dirtiest casserole dishes and pots; however, it is always easy to finish cleaning it when I take them out of the...

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in this dishwasher!
I have owned this dishwasher for 1 year this month and I despise it. My 15 year old dishwasher was so noisy we couldn't run it while we were in the room but it did a good job of cleaning the dishes even if they hadn't been pre-rinsed. We looked at many dishwashers and this one came highly recommended by the salesman and the sound rating was impressive. That's where the positive part ends. It is very quiet and I like that. BUT in the year I've had it the control panel, light panel, and left side top shelf roller assembly have all had to be replaced. We have not misused the machine and our children are all grown and out of the house so we can't even blame "the kids."

Some of the other negatives are as follows:

The racks are fine if all you have to load are plates and glasses or cups. Serving bowls, small bowls, serving spoons, or odd shaped items do not fit well making loading a challenge. The large grid spaces in the rack design allows the water spray to...

Disappointing KitchenAid KUDS30IXBL Dishwasher Doesn't Clean Dishes
The KitchenAid Built-In Dishwasher ModelKUDS30IXBL is a flimsy, disappointing piece of substandard technology that does not clean dishes. It leaves a nasty white film on everything as well as leaving loose food on the dishes. The upper tray falls easily off the track. The silverware holder features flimsy holders that don't stay in place.

Whirlpool/KitchenAid blames the problem with the film on the government removing phosphates, on water being too hard or too soft, on anything other than the fact they built a flimsy appliance that doesn't clean dishes. However, the fact remains my old dishwasher worked just fine with the same water and the same dish washing detergents.

The KitchenAid Built-In Dishwasher ModelKUDS30IXBL was a total waste of money. The Whirlpool/KitchenAid "customer service" is almost non-existent. I know; I tried calling them. I wash my dishes by hand now.

I have posted photos and a video of the dirty dishes on my blog to document the...

The ProScrub ® Option is an ideal solution for casserole dishes and other large platters that require concentrated cleaning of carmelized or baked-on messes. The wash system delivers better results (combined wash and dry results of leading premium brands' highest MSRP models; dry testing conducted without rinse aid).

  • The ProScrub(R) Option helps eliminate soaking or pre-scrubbing by removing stubborn messes like seared or baked-on foods.
  • The full stainless steel tub resists streaks, stains, and odors while providing optimum heat transfer for exceptional drying.
  • The Heat Dry option delivers faster and more complete drying by activating a recessed heating element during the drying cycle.
  • Fold-down tines in the lower rack improve cleaning performance by keeping tines out of the way, allowing water to clean inside deep or wide dishes.
  • Premium adjusters make it easy to raise or lower the upper rack for optimal loading space, and the SatinGlide(R) System allows the rack to move almost effortlessly.



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment